Re: Out of present range

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 05:39:15 -0700

On Sep 13, 1:14 am, skyloon <skyl..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I've use VB as my front-end and oracle as my back-end.
> I tried to use the program to purge data from 8i to 9i, all the while
> there is no problem, but after sometimes, when i purge the data, it
> will prompt this error message: "Out of present range".
> Sometimes data has successfully moved to archive database, but some
> of
> them still in the original database, when i tried to use query run in
> the sql plus, it can successfully purged, don't know why system has
> successfully purged, but no data has been moved. No error message
> also.
> Anyone know what is the problem?

Which version of Visual Basic?
Which exact releases of Oracle? (Post all four numbers for each -- '8i' and '9i' don't tell anyone much)
What is the exact error message?
Post the above information and the code you're using so someone else will have a clue as to what you're doing and possibly have an idea of what may be 'wrong' and offer a possible solution. No one can give you a usable answer until you do.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Sep 13 2007 - 07:39:15 CDT