Re: import with rows=N

From: Sidhu <amardeepsidhu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:29:40 -0700

On Sep 13, 11:23 am, "phil_herr..._at_yahoo.com.au" <phil_herr..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> It sounds to me like the O7 database may have had very large extents,
> possibly as a result of somebody running an exp/imp cycle with
> compress=y to coalesce tables into one extent each. (This used to be
> fashionable among some DBAs.)
>
> If that's the case, there's no easy way out. You can run imp with the
> INDEXFILE option, which will get you a text file containing CREATE
> TABLE and CREATE INDEX statements. You can edit that to remove the
> storage clauses that are causing your problems, then run the result in
> sqlplus. If there are a lot of tables, it'll take you a while, unless
> you're handy with awk and sed.
>
> -- Phil

Thanks Phil, you rightly hit. I also went through the link, I posted above. This only is the issue. Yea INDEXFILE=Y is the only option. So first I will run the script (after correction) created from INDEXFILE option. And then the import in FULL=Y mode to create other objects. One more thing: would IGNORE=Y/N matter here ?

Sidhu Received on Thu Sep 13 2007 - 01:29:40 CDT