ETL

From: <saifmomin21_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:18:36 -0700

There are three different systems (a Mainframe, a C++ application and a VB application) connected to each other through Application Integration (AI) layer (CORBA + MOM). Database of two of the systems i.e., C++ application and VB application must be in sync with each other. This synchronisation of two databases is done by a PROLOG based application.

Our company is moving to HP NGAS servers. And these new servers probably would not support this PROLOG application. So they are planning to retire this existing PROLOG application and replace it with some other suitable solution. There are two possible solutions they are considering -

  1. Replace the existing PROLOG application with a new C++ or Java based application.
  2. Replace the existing PROLOG application with ETL provided by ORACLE Warehouse Builder.

Could you please let me know which solution is more feasible. And if we choose ETL, how does it fit into the architecture. Received on Wed Sep 12 2007 - 17:18:36 CDT