Re: sqlplus script dropping conected user

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:07:39 -0700

On Sep 12, 7:38 am, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 12, 12:00 pm, Stan.S..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I write installation scripts in sqlplus which as a first command issue
> > "DROP USER". When the user to be dropped is currently connected i get
> > "can't drop connected user" error, but the script carries on.
> > What i want to do is to display prompt like "you have to disconnect
> > first" then pause and exit the script on keypress.
> > The thing is i can't think of any clever way to achieve it. I know i
> > can use whenever sqlerror exit, but it just exits without telling why.
> > I could most likely write some pl/sql block or a shell script to help
> > with this, but it doesn't look very smart to me.
> > Anybody there has a better solution?
>
> Forcibly disconnect all sessions of <user> prior to starting the
> installation script.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

As suggested killing the user sessions first is not difficult to script but I do not understand why you would be dropping connected users.

What kind of installation scripts?
Who is supposed to be running the installation scripts? Is this just an issue you are hitting because you are in development?

More information about what you are doing and why might allow someone to provide useful guidence.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Sep 12 2007 - 11:07:39 CDT