Re: Corrupted dbf file... help!!

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:43:53 -0700

On Sep 12, 1:18 am, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> No, but unless I am missing something, he must be able to mount the
> database if it is telling him which file is missing/corrupt.

without me being there to see what is going on, I don't even know if the OP was using the right controlfile. It's obvious we're dealing with a person of little experience. As such, while to you and I and a lot of other dbas the steps are obvious, that does not allow us to assume this person is looking at it correctly. For all I know, the controlfile used for that display could have been from a backup! The safest option is to have them verify what is going on but without touching anything. Hence the request for strings: touches nothing, harms nothing. Why is that so hard to see? Received on Wed Sep 12 2007 - 03:43:53 CDT