Re: Restoring RMAN backed up archivelogs, datafiles

From: <ivl5_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:45:45 -0700

On Sep 10, 11:06 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgog..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 05:15:06 -0700, trub3101 wrote:
> > Can I restore the archivelogs from my RMAN backups of the Primary
> > databases to the Standby?
>
> Yes
>
> >If so, how is this done?
>
> Use RMAN.
>
> --http://www.mladen-gogala.com

This is a really good executive summary :) A couple of additional consideration:
- you can restore to the primary and let Oracle transfer archlogs - you must be able to connect to rman catalog from your development server; although no need for dev database to be registered there - depending on your backup software you may need to send additional env variables to the channel(s), e.g. check out Note:403602.1 and Note: 265595.1 for examples.

Regards,
Igor Received on Tue Sep 11 2007 - 20:45:45 CDT