Re: Corrupted dbf file... help!!

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:15:04 -0700

On Sep 11, 12:54 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote: ]> > > That sounds elaborate. Make a backup to tracefile of your controlfile
> > > is easier.
>
> > That will be kinda hard to do if he's having problems
> > starting the db in tghe first place?
>
> He can do a "backup to trace" if the database is mounted (I assume he
> has the controlfiles).
>
> SQL> startup mount
> ORACLE instance started.
>
> Total System Global Area 167772160 bytes
> Fixed Size 1218316 bytes
> Variable Size 88082676 bytes
> Database Buffers 75497472 bytes
> Redo Buffers 2973696 bytes
> Database mounted.
> SQL> alter database backup controlfile to trace;
>
> Database altered.
>
> SQL>
I am aware of that. I am not aware of what he has or what is accessible in his system, so I provide advice that will work no matter what the conditions might be. What is the problem with simply using one command that dumps the information in one go as opposed to speculation about what might or might not be working? Too hard to read a screen? Received on Tue Sep 11 2007 - 01:15:04 CDT