Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:01:13 -0500

<fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> wrote in message

> On Sep 8, 4:18 pm, "Bob Jones" <em..._at_me.not> wrote:

>> "DA Morgan" <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote in message

>> > You have been challenged repeatedly to put up a test case that supports
>> > your position. Either you don't have SQL*Plus or don't know how to use
>> > it? I wonder which?
>>
>> Now you just don't know what you are talking about.
>>

> Then put the question to rest and PROVE your contentions.  Oh, that's
> right, you can't formulate a concrete example where the BCHR is a
> useful, reliable metric of database and buffer cache health and
> performance.

reliable metric for performance? read the god damn thread again before you respond. can you still not read?

>> > You are in no position to criticize anyone or anything. Especially
>> > Oracle docs for vagueness. So far the only thing you've done with
>> > clarity is define your lack of expertise on the subject.
>>
>> If the word "good" is clear to you, you should not even attempt to judge
>> anything.

> The same can be said of you, 'Bob'.  The difference is it actually
> applies to you.

Why can't you just shut the hell up instead of talking out of your butt.

>> > No. You should take it that he doesn't use worthless metrics to do so.
>>
>> Of course, some people think Buffer Cache Hit Ratio has nothing to do
>> with
>> Buffer Cache.

> Now we get to the heart of your misunderstanding.  No one has said the
> BCHR has nothing to do with the Buffer Cache.  The issue is the
> reliability of using such a ratio as an indicator of database and
> buffer cache health and performance.  There is none.

You apparently don't even read the previous post, let alone the thread. You will never get to the point, so stop talking.

>> > Wrong again: You have neither.
>>
>> Again, you should not even pretend to be a judge.

> He's not pretending.  You, however ...

You really do like to talk out of your butt, don't you?

>> > I wonder ... why would someone at San Diego State be so afraid to
>> > acknowledge who they are? Perhaps some more research will answer
>> > that question.
>>
>> Did someone just overdosed this guy? He is really lost in the dark now.-

> If anyone is lost in the dark it's you, 'Bob', and you continue to
> prove that fact with posts such as this gem.

If you don't know what your are saying, the best thing to do is, shut the hell up! Received on Mon Sep 10 2007 - 22:01:13 CDT