Re: High elapsed/cpu ratio

From: <ebwright_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:54:42 -0700

On Sep 10, 2:45 pm, Wiktor Moskwa <wiktorDOTmos..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10.09.2007, ebwri..._at_gmail.com <ebwri..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I guess I'm really looking for information on what would cause a large
> > elapsed/cpu ratio in general
> > rather than help optimizing the specific query.
>
> Including wait-events information in the trace file you generated
> for the first time would be a great starting point.
> Large elapsed/cpu ratio in general means that your session is
> waiting for a resource instead of using it and doing its job.
>
> --
> Wiktor Moskwa

The tkprof file has the following at the end in the summary section

Elapsed times include waiting on following events:

  Event waited on                             Times   Max. Wait  Total
Waited

Is there something else in the raw trace file for which I should be looking?

Thanks
Eric Received on Mon Sep 10 2007 - 13:54:42 CDT