On 10gR2, Do you trust ADDM?

From: <owensmith99_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:01:52 -0000

Oracle People,

Do you trust ADDM?

I am a novice AWR user.

I am looking at an AWR report. I am uncomfortable with the amount of information it is giving me; it's huge.

In DBControl, when I run ADDM against a given AWR report, I'm comforted by the comprehensive nature of the ADDM report.

Are you Oracle People comfortable with level of advice you obtain from ADDM reports?

I'm certain that a piece of software designed to give advice can be more systematic
than I at following a checklist.

But I'm worried that details might be lurking in the enormous AWR report which
ADDM is not designed to handle.

Related question:

Where might I find examples of Performance Tuning "Experts" analyzing an AWR report?

-Owen Received on Mon Sep 10 2007 - 04:01:52 CDT