Insufficient privileges for GRANT

From: krissco <kris.scorup_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 00:56:27 -0000

I'm having an issue granting the REFERENCES permission to a user.

User A owns the table.
User B already has privileges to select, insert, etc. from the table. I want user B to be able to create a table (in their schema) that contains a foreign key which references user A's table. "A" and "B" are not the actual user names.

--I log in as a "privileged" user

live> conn sys
Enter password:
Connected.

--Just for proof that this user should be able to GRANT
live> select *
  2 from dba_sys_privs
  3 where grantee = 'SYS'
  4 and privilege like '%GRANT%'
  5
live> /

GRANTEE

PRIVILEGE                                ADM

------------------------------
---------------------------------------- ---
SYS GRANT ANY PRIVILEGE YES SYS GRANT ANY ROLE YES

--The GRANT fails

live> grant references (field_name) on A.AsTableName to B   2
live> /
grant references (field_name) on A.AsTableName to B

                                 *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Any thoughts? I'm running Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.0

Thanks!

-Kris Received on Sun Sep 09 2007 - 19:56:27 CDT