Re: Corrupted dbf file... help!!

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 14:36:49 -0700

Kaka wrote:
> I shutdown the database using shutdown abort and now one of the db
> file is corrupted. I am not able to startup the database anymore.....
> NOTE: the database is in the noarchivelog mode. Does it mean, the
> whole database is non-recoverable? HELP..... thanks!!!!
>

> Looks like one of the db file is corrupted.
>
> What should I do?
>

> SQL> startup;
> ORACLE instance started.
> Total System Global Area 1932496864 bytes
> Fixed Size 733152 bytes
> Variable Size 402653184 bytes
> Database Buffers 1476395008 bytes
> Redo Buffers 52715520 bytes
> Database mounted.
> ORA-01157: cannot identify/lock data file 198 - see DBWR trace file
> ORA-01110: data file 198: '/u01/oradata/ax5/data014.dbf '
>

> Thanks!!

How I wish I had the IQ points required to understand why anyone would build an Oracle database and not do have both archivelogging and RMAN backups. I doubt I will ever understand.

Does the file exist?
Did you read the DBWR trace file?
What does it say?
Have you opened an SR at metalink?
If not ... why not?

Please don't tell us you have 198+ data files and no license and no support contract and no one thought it important to be able to recover it. Please!

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington