How to find whethere a stored outline is being used?

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 07:18:21 -0700

I am on Windows 2000 using Oracle 9.2.0.6.

Only way I know to find whether an outline is being used is to look at dba_outlines
which has a column called USED and a column TIMESTMAP: desc dba_outlines;

 NAME                                               VARCHAR2(30)
 OWNER                                              VARCHAR2(30)
 CATEGORY                                           VARCHAR2(30)
 USED                                               VARCHAR2(9)
 TIMESTAMP                                          DATE
 VERSION                                            VARCHAR2(64)
 SQL_TEXT                                           LONG
 SIGNATURE                                          RAW(16)

 Problem is timestamp is the timestamp of the very first time an outline was used and not the last time outline was used. Oracle does not seem to update TIMESTMAP each time the same stored outline is used.
Are there other ways to find rather than guessing by looking at the query plan?

Thanks. Received on Sun Sep 09 2007 - 09:18:21 CDT