case sensitive object names via ODBC

From: Mark Lemoine <mark.a.lemoine_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 20:36:53 -0000

I've been assigned to support a legacy app that we have that's coded in VB4 (16bit) that connects to an Oracle db via ODBC. Everything is fine in the production environment, my problem is in the test db environment that I'm trying to setup.

I got a script from the dba from the production db to create the tables, etc. I run that script on my test db and that''s fine. But, when I try to perform a select from my code:

Select * from Translation

I get an error back something like "query or table not found" (sorry, I didn't write down the exact msg). When I change the query to:

Select * from TRANSLATION

It works fine. This is connecting thru an ODBC dsn using DAO (hey - I did say that it's legacy!). The table names in the script are not quoted (so they should be case-insensitive).

If I run SQL*Plus, then the table name is not case sensitive (that is, Translation or TRANSLATION works), so this is something just with my ODBC setup, I conclude.

Can anyone help? What's wrong with what I'm trying to do?

Thanks
Mark Received on Fri Sep 07 2007 - 15:36:53 CDT