GROUP BY clause

From: <brenda.beltran_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:14:45 -0700

Hi everybody,

I just got to this area, so hope someone can help me with the following issue, I will really appreciate it.

I want to query a column that is not part of the GROUP BY clause:

SELECT c.country_id,

              r.region_id,
              r.manag_id,
              SUM(r.sls),
              SUM(r.cst)

FROM country c INNER JOIN region r ON c.country_key = r.country_key GROUP BY c.country_id,

              r.region_id;

Obviously, it's complaining because r.manag_id is not in the GROUP BY clause, but I need the result set to be as defined in the column clause. I wonder if there is any way to have these same columns in my query keeping my GROUP BY clause as it is now.

Thanks very much for your suggestions! Received on Fri Sep 07 2007 - 15:14:45 CDT