Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_nospam.bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:50:32 GMT

"Shakespeare" <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:46e01761$0$233$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...

> "Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht
>
> or just continue at
>
> http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2007/09/05/hit-ratios-2/
>
> but read that one first.
>
> Shakespeare

Nicely written article. As usual, Jonathan explains things so much better than I could.

Sadly, Bob will of course read this as further confirmation on how totally wrong he is regarding all this and will yet again vainly attempt to deflect his embarrassment by claiming that Jonathan hasn't read the thread properly and that all Jonathan's points are not related to the topic at hand.

Poor Bob has yet to learn that a redundant metric is really really useful because, ummm ummmm because it just is, is not the most convincing of technical arguments !!

Ooops, must dash off, just noticed my BCHR alarm is flashing, must be that time of the week again when I need to adjust my buffer cache ...

Cheers ;)

Richard Received on Fri Sep 07 2007 - 07:50:32 CDT