Re: Deadlock encountered

From: CrazyKarma <skalki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:49:27 -0700

Jon,

         Yes, indeed. It threw up a ora number, saying encountered deadlock message. Interesting fact that I forgot to mention earlier is that there was no update/delete or insert operation that was happening to the table in question. It was a select query over a db link, this query joined many tables and MVs and expectedread consistency. I know for sure it was not the swapping of partition that caused it but the enabling of constraint.

The ETL process that we have need to kick off the remote exchange partiton on staging db as opposed to local call for a reason, to keep this remote DB (Warehouse) from directly accessing OLTP.

Thanks Received on Thu Sep 06 2007 - 13:49:27 CDT