Re: Need help with RMAN error

From: Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudizio_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 15:58:57 +0200

fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:

> On Sep 6, 8:21 am, mar..._at_yahoo.com wrote:

>> Trying to restore to another Sun server using RMAN backup from live
>> instance. Keep getting:
>>
>> RMAN> restore controlfile from '/backup/orabackup/fxpr921/
>> c-876181117-20070902-00';
>>
>> Starting restore at 06-SEP-07
>>
>> using channel ORA_DISK_1
>>
>> channel ORA_DISK_1: restoring controlfile
>>
>> RMAN-00571:
>>
>> RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS
>> ===============
>>
>> RMAN-00571:
>>
>> RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 09/06/2007 06:48:04
>>
>> =============
>>
>> Can someone advise on how to proceed ????
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mark
>
> Are the directory layouts the same between the two servers?  Is the
> controlfile location available on the destination?
>
> I realise you've posted everything RMAN reported but, to be honest, it
> isn't much to work with.
>

> David Fitzjarrell

What does it means that you are using "RMAN backup from live instance" ? are you trying to duplicate your database on another machine? are you connected with RMAN to a started instance? on this started instance is contro_files parameter correctly setted? WHICH VERSION ARE YOU USING?
it seems that you have cutted some text from RMAN output. Please give us more details.

regards.

--
Cristian Cudizio

http://oracledb.wordpress.com