Re: Oracle datafile could be greater than 2 GIG in HPUX?

From: Marc F. Neininger <doesnt.exist_at_champagnierle.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 07:38:28 +0200

dominica_at_gmail.com schrieb:
> Hi All,

> The thing is even on linux, people are warning me that oracle datafile
> could be greater than 2 Gig,
> but certain tools might not work.
>
> I want to make sure it is OK before I resize my datafile to 4GIG or
> even bigger like 6 Gig.

Oups. I'm currently working with my 10g R2 on a single 14 GB datafile. I read that the support for large files should be enabled when the datafile's size is in the TB's.

Could SO please give me a hint where to find more information about hints and caveats of datafiles?

TIA Marc Received on Thu Sep 06 2007 - 00:38:28 CDT