Re: estimated of CLUSTERING_FACTOR

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:43:31 -0700

joel garry wrote:

> I think you guys are a little too hard on Andrea here. I've read that
> ch. 5 in the past, and just read it again with this thread and a work
> issue in mind. Working through the clustering on the work issue, I
> see it is not relevant.

Perhaps you are correct but my point was the same one I make time and time again. Don't do anything unless you have metrics that support doing something specific.

I've seen more damage done by people flailing around trying first one thing, than another, than I've seen from people that do nothing at all.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington