Select Distinct with LOB fields

From: Andy Fish <ajfish_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:46:16 GMT

Hi,

I want to do a "Select distinct" including a table which has LOB columns and I see from the Oracle documentation that this is not possible.

all of my tables have a unqiue primary key which is an integer and is included in the select target list. is there any way to tell oracle that it only needs to use the PK field to test for uniqueness and doesn't have to compare the whole returned row?

my current favourite solution is to post-filter the results in my C# code to remove duplicates manually. does anyone have any better solutions than that ?

TIA Andy Received on Wed Sep 05 2007 - 09:46:16 CDT