Re: Solaris Zones

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 13:24:54 -0700

DJH wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:

>> DJH wrote:
>>> Is it possible to install Oracle RAC within Solaris 10 Zones? Has anyone
>>>  tried this? This will only be used for testing purposes.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>> Possible? Yes!

> What are the traps here? Any metalink or other docs on the matter even
> though its not supported? Thanks

I doubt you'll find any metalink docs telling you how to do what they won't support: Certainly I wouldn't look for them.

The trap is that if you open an SR Oracle will ask you to duplicate the problem in a non-virtual environment. And it is a virtual certainty you won't be able to do so. So they will just tell you to go pound sand.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington