Discoverer Problem

From: <lyxx09_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 09:59:39 -0000

Hi

We are facing problem with our Discoverer server. On one box [ Solaris 5.9 ] we have
2 instance of 11.5.10.2 which we cloned from production.

On this test box - For both instances our discoverer page is not displaying.

http://server:port/discoverer4i/viewer

OAM dashbord is showing discoverer is up for both instances. We have already opened
up a tar with metalink but could not get it resolved after one week.

So, I though to post it here. Our discoverer version is 4i.

Metalink suggested us to

########################

cd /opt/oatest1/test1ora/8.0.6/vbroker/adm/impl_dir mv impl_rep impl_rep_sav
mv impl_rep~ impl_rep~_sav

cd /opt/oatest1/test1ora/8.0.6/discwb4
./discwb.sh

cd /opt/oatest1/test1ora/8.0.6/discwb4/util

./startosagent.sh
./startoad.sh
./unregistersession.sh
./unregisterpreference.sh
./applypreference.sh
./registerpreference.sh
./registersession.sh
./registercollector.sh
./startlocator.sh
./startgatekeeper.sh

addisctl.sh stop
addisctl.sh start

After this, Discoverer page comes up for 5 minutes and after that again
"Page can not be displayed".

We have already checked, there is no port confliction.

One thing is mentionable :

When we run checkdiscoverer.sh then it reports OSAGENT is not running and try to run it manually.

But it always run automatically when we stop start discoverer using addisctl.sh
After trying it to manuall ./satartosagent. It reports it is already running.

Not sure, why checkdiscoverer is not able to find this osagent.

Do you have any suggestion ? Received on Mon Sep 03 2007 - 04:59:39 CDT