Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 01:05:40 GMT

"Mladen Gogala" <mgogala_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MPG.2141a188e02628d89896b5_at_nntp.aioe.org...
> In article <tmMBi.4490$JD.640_at_newssvr21.news.prodigy.net>, email_at_me.not
> says...
>> Poor Dick, he can't even comprehend a simple concept. Maybe you focus too
>> much on each other's butts.
>>

> I usually do not intervene in catfights with Sybrand, but Richard Foote
> is a respected member of the oracle community and an excellent author.
> Showing some respect would be a wise thing to do. Calling him names will
> not make you many friends here. As a matter of fact, I did devote few
> bytes in my kill file just to you.

It is all about mutual respect. If people have no intention to carry out a honest and objective debate, then my time is wasted. They will not gain my respect. BTW, what is kill file? Does that hurt?

> As far as BCHR goes, this matter has been settled for a while. Of
> course, there are people who claim that the Earth was created in 7 days
> 5000 years ago, that Pi is a rational number or that BCHR is a valid
> indicator of application performance. I never discuss anything with the
> faithful, as a matter of principle.

There are also people claiming disk is as fast as memory. High disk read percentage is not an issue. Received on Fri Aug 31 2007 - 20:05:40 CDT