Re: how to come out of "an incompatible media recovery is active" error

From: Ganesh <ganesh.tambat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:32:24 -0000

Sorry for not providing all the details. I am using : 10.1.0.2.0.

I ran a restore job but had to cancel it because of some reasons. Now when I am firing restore again using following RMAN script

RMAN> run{

2> allocate channel ch0 type sbt;
3> restore database;
4> recover database;
5> release channel ch0;
6> alter database open;
7> }

I am getting the "incompatible media recovery is active error". ORACLEs guide says we should cancel any active recovery. But "alter database recover cancel" command is telli0gn me that no recovery was started.

I am not sure whats happening here.

Thanks & Regards,
Ganesh