how to come out of "an incompatible media recovery is active" error

From: Ganesh <ganesh.tambat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:00:32 -0700

Hi All,

I am trying to restore my DB.

Is there any way to come out of error "ORA-01153: an incompatible media recovery is active" without requiring to shutdown the DB and put it in mount state ?

I tried "alter database recover cancel" but it doesn't seem to work. I am receiving following error.

SQL> alter database recover cancel;
alter database recover cancel
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01112: media recovery not started

I am using 10g on Windows.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ganesh Tambat Received on Fri Aug 31 2007 - 09:00:32 CDT