Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 04:55:28 -0400

In article <tmMBi.4490$JD.640_at_newssvr21.news.prodigy.net>, email_at_me.not says...
> Poor Dick, he can't even comprehend a simple concept. Maybe you focus too
> much on each other's butts.

I usually do not intervene in catfights with Sybrand, but Richard Foote is a respected member of the oracle community and an excellent author. Showing some respect would be a wise thing to do. Calling him names will not make you many friends here. As a matter of fact, I did devote few bytes in my kill file just to you.
As far as BCHR goes, this matter has been settled for a while. Of course, there are people who claim that the Earth was created in 7 days 5000 years ago, that Pi is a rational number or that BCHR is a valid indicator of application performance. I never discuss anything with the faithful, as a matter of principle. Received on Fri Aug 31 2007 - 03:55:28 CDT