Re: Shutdown nodeapps does not bring down VIP and Listener nodeapps

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:45:45 -0700

On Aug 31, 4:28 am, FatP <thats..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Shutdown nodeapps does not bring down VIP
> When I use the following command to shutdown nodeapps
>
> srvctl shutdown nodeapps -n [nodename]
>
> all the Oracle processes are died. However, eth0:1, which is used by
> VIP is not brought down. Then srvctl refuses to start nodeapps because
> the IP address is occupied. As a result, I need to use root to bring
> down eth0 then assign the default route to the gateway again. Is this
> the expected behaviour?

No.
(I assume you meant "srvctl *stop* nodeapps").

The VIP should be brought down. Have a look at the relevant log files under $ORA_CRS_HOME and at the OS level (under /var/log).

Post your results in here if you need more help.

> 2. Cannot start listener with nodeapps
> When I start nodeapps, it complained that LISTENER_[NODENAME] cannot
> be started. Am I missing something Is this a database listener (so
> that after I install & config db, the error will disappear) or
> nodeapps has another listener?

This is normal. Run netca to create the cluster-aware listener. Do not name it LISTENER_<nodename> in the assistant, just LISTENER. netca adds the suffix _<nodename> automatically. Otherwise you'll end up with LISTENER_nodename_nodename. ;-) Received on Fri Aug 31 2007 - 01:45:45 CDT