Shutdown nodeapps does not bring down VIP and Listener nodeapps

From: FatP <thatsang_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:28:55 -0700

I am learning 10gR2 RAC on ubuntu and have gone through the installation of Clusterware successfully (no DB yet). But I am facing some issues:

  1. Shutdown nodeapps does not bring down VIP When I use the following command to shutdown nodeapps

srvctl shutdown nodeapps -n [nodename]

all the Oracle processes are died. However, eth0:1, which is used by VIP is not brought down. Then srvctl refuses to start nodeapps because the IP address is occupied. As a result, I need to use root to bring down eth0 then assign the default route to the gateway again. Is this the expected behaviour?

Actually, the result is the same if I shutdown CRS using /etc/rc.d/ rc3.d/init.crs.

2. Cannot start listener with nodeapps
When I start nodeapps, it complained that LISTENER_[NODENAME] cannot be started. Am I missing something Is this a database listener (so that after I install & config db, the error will disappear) or nodeapps has another listener?

Environment:
Oracle 10g R2 x86
Ubuntu 6.10 (I know this thing is not supported. But I am just learning... and other things look good anyway) Received on Thu Aug 30 2007 - 21:28:55 CDT