Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Table Entries")

Re: ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Table Entries")

From: <purohitatul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:00:49 -0700

On Aug 30, 8:35 am, Krish <Krishna.Bu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 12:55 am, purohita..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > We getting the following error in our database:
> > ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared
> > pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Table Entries")"
>
> > We have already tried the following:
> > 1. Flushing shared pool
> > 2. Bouncing db
>
> > Bouncing does resolve the problem temporarily but then it comes back
> > again?
> > Size of the shared pool has been same throughtout but problem has
> > started to appear recently.
> > Any clues anyone?
>
> You may need to increase the setting for SGA_TARGET to allow MMAN more
> memory to manage behind the scenes if you experience ORA-04031 errors
> in the Large Pool, Streams Pool, or Java Pool.
>
> The Shared Pool is little more complicated to tune. Please refer
> metalink article 396940.1 for more information to resovle this issue.
>
> Krish

Sorry...missed putting the version..its 9.2.0.8. Also, we have recently implemented shared server configuration. I was't a part of the implementation but are there any parameters that can to be looked to verify that alls configured correctly and memory allocation is proper.

-Atul Received on Thu Aug 30 2007 - 13:00:49 CDT