Home -> Community -> Usenet -> c.d.o.server -> Re: ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Table Entries")

Re: ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Table Entries")

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 06:24:50 -0700

On Aug 30, 12:55 am, purohita..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> We getting the following error in our database:
> ORA-04031: unable to allocate 2097152 bytes of shared memory ("shared
> pool","unknown object","hash-join subh","QERHJ Hash Table Entries")"
>
> We have already tried the following:
> 1. Flushing shared pool
> 2. Bouncing db
>
> Bouncing does resolve the problem temporarily but then it comes back
> again?
> Size of the shared pool has been same throughtout but problem has
> started to appear recently.
> Any clues anyone?

You've run out of shared pool, apparently. Possibly Sybrand has hit upon an area to address, however to get past this in the interim you'll need to increase the shared_pool_size parameter, then restart, unless you have sga_max_size (in 9i and later releases) set at which point you can dynamically alter the shared_pool_size within the confines of that maximum. You may need to change that parameter as well, which will require a restart of the database.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Aug 30 2007 - 08:24:50 CDT