Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:18:51 +0200

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 02:06:20 GMT, "Bob Jones" <email_at_me.not> wrote:

>>>That proves BCHR is meaningful. It is ironic we are debating about
>>>something
>>>many consider meaningless.
>>>Do you ever adjust the buffer cache size? What do you use as reference?
>>

>> Actually it doesn't prove anything.
>> It is YOU who consider BCHR meaningful and it is YOU who have STILL to
>> provide EVIDENCE ( I repeat E V I D E N C E) it is.
>> When will you post this? When Pentecost and Easter are on one day?
>>

>Wow, look who's back again. If you still haven't seen the evident, you must
>not have done what I told you ealier.

I don't see why I would. I don't have ANYONE tell here what I should do or not do, especially not when they are 'proposals' of the type you posted.
I'm still waiting for the EVIDENCE several people have asked for. The fact you are spouting flames again seems to indicate you don't HAVE this evidence.
If that's true I suggest you go away, until you have to contribute something useful.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA