Re: what characterset to use?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:21:07 -0700

On Aug 29, 2:36 am, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2007 09:26:09 GMT, Laurenz Albe <inv..._at_spam.to.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >You are not only rude, but also clueless.
>
> Sucker.
>
> How often do you post anything useful?

Ah jeez, Sybrand, Laurenz is one of the good guys. You seemed to have missed the "sounds like" qualifier in a couple of posts. Also, you may have misinterpreted what he meant by garbage in the db when there is no character conversion, or perhaps he should have said "potential garbage," as the characters wouldn't be changed until later. We can all agree that automatic conversion when it isn't wanted is a problem, can't we?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%E2%80%9CPlaying+Russian+Roulette+with+Silver+Bullets%E2%80%9D&btnG=Google+Search