Re: 10.2.0.3 RAC Eviction

From: Marc Bruinsma <marc.bruinsma_at_chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:04:28 +0200

Pete's wrote:

> Vital info, 10.2.0.3 RAC PC6, 2 nodes, AIX 5.3 TL05 SP04.
>
> Had what appears to be a network event last night, AIX did not log any
> network link down events on either node, but found that an NFS mount
> on the survining node failed. Looking thru the ocssd.log file on the
> surviving node, it appears that node 1 evicted node 2 due to failures
> of network heart beats. The public and private interfaces on each
> node are etherchanneled.
>
> Does anyone have an idea as to what the following codes mean from the
> ocssd.log file(particulary state_disk)?
>
> node(2) timeout(202) state_network(5) state_disk(3)
>

> Also note, I have a test RAC setup that exhibited the same behavior at
> nearly the exact same time.
>
> TIA,
> Pete's

Pete's,

The question then is, what do the two clusters have in common? Is it the connection to the NFS mount/device. (is there a voting device on there?).

Since you are talking about Etherchannel (sounds a bit like a Cisco switch), has the switch been properly configured (think of 802.3ad aggregation, lacp mode, etc..), because under load the NIC's can crap out if the switch is not properly configured for teaming the NIC's.

I've seen something like this happen on RAC 10.2.0.2 on Linux with teamed NIC's over a Cisco switch. Different OS, I know, but still...

Marc Received on Wed Aug 29 2007 - 12:04:28 CDT