Re: Dataguarad Real Time Apply

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 02:17:05 -0700

On Aug 29, 9:52 am, hikaru <hikaru_naruto2..._at_yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> Thanks Jerome,
> The version is 10.2.0.3 physical standby on RAC environment.
> I think real-time apply contributes in a failover duration and
> synchronous level during read only mode.
> but it is not necessary if our system does'nt need to get those
> advantages.
> Even worse if Primary database gets overhead even if slightly.
> That's why I would like to know about overhead of Primary database.

Real-time apply, in comparison with delayed apply, won't generate any overhead on the primary database. The redo data is directly applied from the standby redo log as it is written instead of being applied when the standby redo log is archived: the mechanism is relevant to the remote site only. Received on Wed Aug 29 2007 - 04:17:05 CDT