Re: ora-00354

From: bdbafh <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 04:32:24 -0000

Faraz wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a produciton environment with data guard configuration which
> for little while pops out ORA-00354 - corrupt redo log block.
> upuntil today it was resolving itself with out any problems from the
> multiplex copy. but today after the error thre is a redo log missing
> on the dr system.
> Does copying redo log to standby database archive destination manually
> and try to resolve the gap in applied logs is a good idea??
>
> thanks for the help

The dataguard documentation covers how to manage gaps. You have a hardware issue that needs to be resolved. In 10+ years I have never seen a corrupt online redo log. You''ve seen/are seeing multiple errors.

You are attempting to fix a flat by changing the tube but leaving the piece of glass in the tire.
Replace the tire.

-bdbafh Received on Tue Aug 28 2007 - 23:32:24 CDT