Re: slow odbc after some intensive data access.

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 03:46:24 -0000

On Aug 28, 11:28 pm, John <i676..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a oracle server configure to receive ODBC call (oracle odbc
> interface). One of us tried to run a data migration from Access file
> to the Oracle through odbc at the server for a few millions records.
> Then we experienced a very slow odbc accessing speed, when we ran an
> application at the server side. But if we ran the application
> remotely, and use the odbc at the remote pc, then speed is normal.
>
> What is the reason for that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> John.

So your on a Windows box, you dumpped the access db on the same box as Oracle, connect via ODBC and it tanks. Put the Access database on a remote machine, connect via ODBC and it runs ok. ..... Sounds like disk latency. Could be something else, but I'd start there.

Why not use ADO to direct connect into ACCESS and ORACLE and just save the record sets?
No truncation issues there. You can even use bulk commands..... Received on Tue Aug 28 2007 - 22:46:24 CDT