Re: How to create a service name for the Oracle instance

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 03:39:15 -0000

On Aug 28, 6:54 pm, Raj <jkama..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have to create a service_name called "supora" for the Oracel
> instance called Ora9i running on machine "support-db1". Then I need to
> use this service_name to create a Net service name on my local machine
> so that I can connect to that ora9i instance on support-db1.
>
> How can I create a service name called supora for Ora9i instance.
>
> Thank you.
> Raj

Not sure what you are getting at, but it sounds like you should search on Remote Listener, or if you only need to add a service name simply alter service set service_name='supora.domain'; alter system register;

Check the listener and you'll see the service. Received on Tue Aug 28 2007 - 22:39:15 CDT