Re: Quick transportable tablespace question

From: Marc Bruinsma <marc.bruinsma_at_chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:06:27 +0200

Chuck wrote:

> Oracle 9.2.0.8
>
> Does it matter at all when the export of the meta data is done when
> creating a transportable tablespace? Assume nothing in the physical
> structure of the tablespace changes (i.e. no additional datafiles or no
> file resizing, etc.). For example can I do the export one day, and make
> the datafile copies the next day?
>
> I guess what it comes down to is this - is there any scn info in that
> meta data?

AFAIK there is no scn info in the metadata, only structural info, but you have to put the tablespace(s) in read-only mode before you export the metadata and then leave them in read-only mode until you make the datafile copies, just to make absolutely sure there are no changes.

So, until you make the copies, the tablespaces are not available for writing.

Marc Received on Tue Aug 28 2007 - 16:06:27 CDT