Re: ORATST.TXT file being generated to desktop in Designer

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:32:22 -0400

"Shakespeare" <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:46d32670$0$233$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...

> "Dereck L. Dietz" <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net> schreef in bericht
>> Oracle 10g 10.2.0.1, Windows XP
>>
>> When I use the "Generate Database from Server Model" option in Designer a
>> file is being generated on my desktop which wasn't being generated
>> before. The file name is ORATST.TXT and I'd like to turn it off so it
>> doesn't clutter my desktop.
>>
>> I can't seem to find out where to do this (if it is possible).
>>
>> Does anybody know how I can accomplish this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> I think I recall this file is created in your working dir, so if you start
> Designer from a shortcut on your desktop, set the 'start in' field to a
> temp directory... I'm not sure for I haven't used Designer for a while.
> What's in the file?
>
> Shakespeare
> (What's in a file?)

All that is in the file is the same thing which is displayed in the window when I select "Generate Database from Server Model" or "Generate Database Administration Objects".

I know I didn't get that file created on the desktop before but this is the first time I've created anything after I had to do a windows recovery on this laptop (which I think hosed it up). So it is concievable that that is the reason why it is suddenly showing up on the desktop. Received on Mon Aug 27 2007 - 19:32:22 CDT