Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 13:18:36 +0100

> Interesting ... "We" who use Oracle aren't so rude as to go to the
> SQL Server usenet group and behave in such an uncivilized manner.
> I appreciate that Microsoft for years has taught, by example, bad
> coding practices. I wasn't aware that bad manners were part of it too
> until I remembered that little chair throwing incident of Steve Ballmers.

Interesting, "We" in the SQL Server usenet group treat people with respect unless they don't deserve it and you can count them on one hand, I notice it's just you and sybrand that have an unprofessional bully attitude on this forum.

Other people as well as myself notice just how rude, arrogant and condecending you and sybrand are too people who post to c.o.s.

I also think it's highly unprofessional for somebody (you) to post a product comparison that is so far from accurate and so full of mistakes and when people who are recognised product experts in the SQL Server field (whether you like it or not) point out the faults you provide a kidified response and put your head in the sand - very unprofessional, very childish and speaks volumes for the type of person you are and the obvious biased approach you take to the database field in general, no wonder you can only get a job in education, nobody in industry would touch you.

> I guess some people learn best by example.

Yes, and some people just don't learn or accept reality is reality even when shown a reference.

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson