Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:15:49 -0700

sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 06:42:51 +0100, "Tony Rogerson"
> <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net> wrote:
>

>> And I use "We" in the context of  "We who use SQL Server", using "We" makes
>> sense because there is more than one and I'm in a collective group....

> You mean you are part of a group of arrogant trolls 'promoting'
> sqlserver this way?

Interesting ... "We" who use Oracle aren't so rude as to go to the SQL Server usenet group and behave in such an uncivilized manner. I appreciate that Microsoft for years has taught, by example, bad coding practices. I wasn't aware that bad manners were part of it too until I remembered that little chair throwing incident of Steve Ballmers.

I guess some people learn best by example.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington