Re: Equivalent of Oracle's export/import in sql server

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:12:03 +0100

Your question was answer already here by Tibor: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.server/browse_thread/thread/af0e37a4578f29d7/fc3313bccdb9241f?lnk=st&q=zigzagdna%40yahoo.com&rnum=3&hl=en#fc3313bccdb9241f

But for the sake of clarity...

Open Enterprise Manager.

Click your server

Click Data Transformation Services

Right click Local Packages, New Package

From the left tool bar, under Task, select 'Copy SQL Server Objects Task', it's the icon that has two boxes with a red arrow connecting one to the other.

On the Source tab, select your source server and database

On the Destination tab select your destination server and database

On the copy tab select the objects to copy, by default 'All objects' is selected.

Click OK

Execute the package

Save the package if you want to redo the excercise.

The Options button gives you various options.

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson