Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_torver.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:00:36 +0100

PS. I'm awaiting your email reply to why this isn't an equiv "system trigger" in SQL Server compared to your Oracle LOGON trigger....

Link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189799.aspx

CREATE TRIGGER connection_limit_trigger
ON ALL SERVER WITH EXECUTE AS 'login_test' FOR LOGON
AS
BEGIN
IF ORIGINAL_LOGIN()= 'login_test' AND

    (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sys.dm_exec_sessions

            WHERE is_user_process = 1 AND
                original_login_name = 'login_test') > 3
    ROLLBACK;
END; Note - it's not a DDL trigger - no DATA DEFINITION in there; it's a LOGON trigger.

What's up DA? in Denial Again? Do you really want to make your SQL - ORacle comparison page accurate? [I guess not]

--
Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/tonyrogerson