Re: expdp question

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:48:59 GMT

Gokul wrote:
> On Aug 21, 11:24 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

>> Bob Jones wrote:
>>> The obscenities are actually reserved for assholes. None of my friends are.
>> Obscenities are the work of small minds incapable of expressing
>> themselves with any degree of eloquence or sophistication. Given your
>> behavior here I wouldn't image that you have many friends.
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> University of Washington
>> damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org

> I am following this forum for 5 months now and trying to get hold of
> the Oracle product. I am not going to add anything technical to this
> forum but a few observations I have from outside. This is the most
> disturbing forum of all the ones I have ever been to. Developers/DBAs
> post their questions hoping to get some quick response from some
> experienced avoiding reinventing the wheel (while they do their work
> reading/searching/looking for other clues etc.,). "RTFM", "lazy",
> "bricks on toes"; these are some I have read recently in this forum
> and this is disturbing. If you take all the pain to type RTFM then it
> is better not to bother to respond as there are others who can
> respond. Tom Kyte answers all questions posted (however silly/simple)
> and you wont see any RTFM's there. Just the attitude matters.

It's unfortunate but that attitude is pervasive here amongst a few with self-inflated egos, and they try to ruin this forum for the rest of us. Otherwise it's a very useful forum that I've subscribed to for 12 years. My suggestion for cdos is to do what I did. Identify those few individuals and killfile them. Unless someone else quotes them, you don't even need to know they exist. (Would that it were that easy in the real world.) Received on Fri Aug 24 2007 - 08:48:59 CDT