Re: what characterset to use?

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:27:56 +0200

On 24 Aug 2007 10:27:31 GMT, Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid> wrote:

>And in these and similar scenarios you'll be up shit creek, and the only
>paddle you have got is ALTER DATABASE CHARACTER SET, and you better say
>a prayer first that all clients used the same encoding when they entered
>text into the database...

Do you see historians dissamble disks or 8" floppies in the future? Soon we will know more about the Middle Ages compared to the last decades of the 20th century.
Just because those monks used feather quills and parchment as opposed to magnetism and other sorceries ;)

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA