Re: Import extent size problems

From: stephen O'D <stephen.odonnell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 01:55:34 -0700

> Look at the exp doc again. If compress=y, it makes a big extent. If
> compress=n it uses the storage parameters of each table. Either
> precreate the tables with the proper initial, or adjust the tables
> before export.

Yea I did do this - the storage parameters on the table are massive ( initial 67Meg in the case I looked at, and there are over 600 tables in the schema!). I suspect what has happened that once upon a time this database was created from an export with compress=Y and all the tables have had they storage parameters changed because of this.

> Note that the imp command INDEXFILE allows you to get the create table
> statements that you can modify to precreate the tables.

That might just work - at least I can write a quick Perl script to fix the statements.