Re: Tuning for CLOB usage

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:33:47 +0100

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1187780074.301460.159400_at_z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

> I don't know about 11g. Yet... ;-)
> Perhaps Kevin Closson might have done some
> work on this subject when looking at the new
> storage options for unstructured data?

I would be surprised if anything structural has changed - LOBs are (as the name implies) big - which means it's never easy to rebuild them when things go wrong.

There's another thread about LOBs that I contributed some bits to a few days ago that might be of interest:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.server/browse_frm/thread/10d946f118d9adc8

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis