Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: Martin T. <0xCDCDCDCD_at_gmx.at>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:42:07 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:

> Frank van Bortel wrote:

>  From what I hear the French don't think the Canadians speak their
> language any more than the English think I speak theirs.
>
> Is it a truck or a lorry? Do I rent it or let it? Is it an elevator
> or a lift? And then there's nasty issue about wearing your pants in
> pubic.

Pubic pants? :-)

Generally I think if a language is spoken by more than two people there will be some amount of disagreement. (Swiss <-> French/German/Italian | Austrian <-> German <-> Swiss | probably Norwegian <-> Danish | oh, yes, Spanish <-> Spanish )

There are many databases speaking SQL and I think we are in agreement that they do not always speak the same language :-P

br,
Martin Received on Thu Aug 23 2007 - 01:42:07 CDT