Re: Oracle NULL vs '' revisited

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:32:25 -0700

euan.garden_at_gmail.com wrote:

> And now you want to have a conversation about updates. I never said
> that C2 was the answer to HIPAA I said it was the answer to select
> audits.

And I posted the link to Microsoft's own docs where they say that this isn't true. So who's correct? You or Microsoft?

Perhaps the problem here is that you don't understand what HIPAA means with respect to auditing SELECT statements. It isn't who issued it. That is not the issue. It is which records, with which specific values, were returned to which users?

If you believe otherwise then please provide a link to the doc that demonstrates that this capability exists in any database product other than Oracle.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington